Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 7-Challenges


Menu-Today was just a day of munching on different things. I had no breakfast and I did not even eat lunch until well after 3:00pm. I was extremely tired today as well. I munched on a tangerine, handful of cashews, handful of trail mix, I had a small (4 inch) Philly cheese steak, a 2 oz container of chili with 5 saltine crackers, and before I fell asleep tonight I had a chicken breast sandwich (just deli meat not an actual breast) with lettuce and tomatoes on thin sandwich bread. 

Day 7 Weight -Hello to all of you life-detectives!!! Hope your day went well. My day was a little challenging. My lack of sleep and no exercise each day is beginning to take its toll on me. I started my day with prayer and the Word. Today the Word came out of Philippians Chapter 2 which said not to esteem yourself higher than others and not to do anything out of vain conceit. This scripture would require that you stay humble always. So for me, trying to lose this weight has been the most difficult challenge of my life. I started this blog because I needed to humble myself and realize I do not have the strength to lose weight on my own without the help of others. If you know my personality that in and of itself is loaded. Over the years it has taken a lot for me to admit this weakness.  Then one day an epiphany hit, if I had so much control in my life then why am I not already where I want to be? Now, that was food for thought. So now being almost forty I am learning more in my life now then I have ever learned before. I also realize that aside from eating right in order to feel better I need to get some activity in my life and I have got to get more rest. So it is time to step it up!!! When faced with a challenge, confront it.
Day 7-Walk-Like I told you earlier the Word for the day was not to do anything out of vain conceit or esteem yourself higher than others! I remember a time years ago when this scripture was far from me. I used to think I was all that!! I was never as big as I am now so when I was younger I had a nice little figure. I made very good money and I would always buy the nicest clothes and my hair would always be flawless. The only reason I took this much time to look good is because every day that I went to work or was in the presence of people I always wanted them to say, "Wow you look amazing!" or "What do you have on today!" I now realize this was vanity. So I went through some challenging times in my life got laid off and had no money. When my husband and I lost my home and we had to move in with my mother the biggest part of the move was my clothes!! This was humbling. I was humiliated that I put that much stock into pleasing man and living for myself. I tell people that was when I truly began my walk with Christ. When you lose everything, you have nothing more to lose and for me it was the beginning of my search to know who God was! So now I really try to humble myself and you do not hear me bragging as much as I used to because that is not pleasing to God. My life is now dedicated to encouraging others and allowing them to see their worth! I am so blessed and honored that God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life!!!(John 3:16).  Even though salvation is freely given I feel like I owe it to God to do right in my life. And I am blessed to have wonderful angels in my life that keep me grounded! With all of us supporting each other we will all make it Heaven! 
Day 7-Wins!-I did not cuss today. I encouraged someone today. I accepted a test from God today with a good attitude! I did not argue with my daughter today. I have not given up on my dream no matter how far away it seems. 
Each day we have to choose who we are going to serve, God or man. There is only one decision that is the right one! Enjoy your day and remember, the 3w's are worth working for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment