Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 8-Learning Something New


Menu-Breakfast-Breakfast Sandwich with thin toast, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese, 2 deli slices of ham
Snack-Tangerine
Lunch- 4ozs of Chili with 8 crackers
Snack-Blackberries and handful of trail mix
Dinner-4ozs Philly Cheese steak
Dessert-Fruit Cocktail and Tangelo

Day8- Weight-Hello all you Life-detectives!! I hope you had a productive day!! I did. Today I was not as focused on my eating. I followed my meal plan today without feeling pressure or being tempted. This is a good thing. The only thing I am disappointed today about is that I did not exercise. I have got to find the motivation to start doing this. 
Day 8- Walk-Today I started my day with prayer and of course my daily word. Today The Word came out of Matthew and it was about "Judge not, lest you be judged." Basically, the measure in which you judge someone will be the measure in which you are judged. It also talked about taking the speck out of your own eye before you talk about the speck of your brother's eye. Don't be a hypocrite! I meditated on this for a while. I realize it is so important not to judge people. I know I have been guilty of this in the past. If you and I were not on the same level I had nothing to do with you. I never had patience and if you had character issues I was out! I have known people who I truly feel like are hypocrites and far from the Lord. They have their Bibles and play their gospel music but they are the messiest people and the biggest busybodies I have ever seen!! However, as I continue to walk this walk I realize there is so much   to learn from all types of people. I know God is pleased when you look past the surface of people and really get to the core of who they are. I have been surrounded by all kinds of people and I appreciate the good and the bad. The good people around you remind you how important it is to be loved by someone. The bad people remind me not to take the good people for granted and to love them unconditionally. It is our job as God's children to get to the core of people and find beauty in all the ugliness you see. Try to be compassionate to people. Hurt people hurt people. So try to dig deep when dealing with challenging people. Today I learned something new. I learned that I have been blessed by people I least expected to be blessings in my life. If I was judgmental I would have never realized what benefit they have been! The people I expected to be there really disappointed me.
Day 8-Wins-I prayed for someone today. I went above and beyond for someone that needed me today. I ignored someone today that was trying to stir up mess. I kept control of my mouth today. I did not hold a grudge after my husband made me mad this morning. I learned something new at work. I pushed to finish the blog tonight. 
Just know each day you can learn something from someone. Keep your mind open. Also be ready to be a blessing for someone in need. Always smile. Be blessed and remember the 3 w's are worth working for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment