Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 1-Discovery


Menu: Breakfast-Tangerine
Lunch-Homemade Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry and brown rice 
2 Egg Rolls and one small slice of banana nut bread
Snack-Orange
Before Dinner Snack-1 peanut butter granola thin
Dinner-1/2 can of Progresso Light Pot Roast Soup, Small Sandwich with 100% whole wheat sandwich thins and 2 deli thin slices of chicken breast deli lunchmeat with spinach, tomato, artichokes, a slice of provolone cheese
Dessert-Another small slice of banana nut bread-(not needed)!!!!
32 ounces of water

Weight for Day 1- I got on the scale to see where I would be starting this journey. To my disappointment, I was a whopping 342.4lbs!!!! Are you kidding me?!!! I am huge!!! You know I have always heard that when you write things down they will become so clear to you. No wonder I feel so miserable sometimes and tired!! I have got 2 people to lug around all day. Is there anyone out there like me that is feeling my pain?!!!  So this morning I started my day with a daily word. It was about wisdom. I thought hard about that. It is going to take wisdom to really understand how I got to this to point. It is going to take understanding to accomplish this long time goal. I am realizing that most of the time I am eating out of boredom. Lately we have been so busy at work that I do not have time to eat so that distraction keeps me busy. I also realize that by writing my thoughts down and expressing how I am feeling allows me to see exactly where my shortcomings are. So today I felt a small sense of accomplishment. At night is the most tempting when it comes to eating so I have got to make sure that I keep myself distracted until it is time to go to bed and I have got to beat these late night cravings. Prayer will be focused on that aspect of my life. I am determined to put God first in everything I do BEFORE the New Year starts and for the rest of my life. It should have been this way any way.  
Walk for Day 1-Today I started my day with the Word of God. I really find that when I do that I am more grounded and tend to be more obedient. I feel like today was a good day. I felt very comfortable at work today as I really focused on pleasing my customers. I stayed organized and productive with the massive amount of work our group currently has. I had a great conversation with someone who is looking at everything I do as it relates to God. She asks me questions and just looks to me for encouragement. I felt like I was truly God led when we talked today. I did not get in any arguments with my kids, co-workers, friends or husband. My thoughts remained steady and positive. It was a good day.
Wins Day 1-Today I completed all of my emails for today. I completed tonight's blog. I encouraged someone today. I did not cuss. I did not lust after anyone. I did not think defeat today. I focused on my daily goal for today. 
I can already see the benefit of writing your thoughts down. I am so excited to see my growth during this journey and to compare how I am talking now and what is to come. Thank you for growing with me and God willing we will continue this journey tomorrow. And remember the 3w's are worth working for! Be blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment