Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day-2 Challenging Day


Menu-Breakfast-Oatmeal w/ Raisins 32 ozs of water 
Lunch-3-piece dark meal with steamed vegetables and creamed spinach 
Snack-Almond Granola Bar
Dinner-US Cafe Cheeseburger Combo with fries and Sweet Tea
After Dinner Meal- 10 BBQ Wings
Dessert-Slice of Banana Nut Bread
32 ozs of Water 

Day 2 Weight-What is wrong with me?!!!! Am I ever going to get it together? I ate all the wrong things today. Now I can say one of the reasons is because I had nothing prepared to eat today. Preparation is the key. It allows you not to be as tempted to cheat. So it was a day of just picking things up on the go. So one thing I am definitely seeing is there is a problem. However, even though I feel like a failure in my heart I know half the battle is admitting the problem and working on the solution. So today for weight was not a good day, but the hope of a better day tomorrow allows me not to give up. Please keep me in your prayers. 
Day2-Walk-I noticed something this morning. I did not pray immediately. I did not get my Word in at the start of my day. Perhaps it was because my husband agitated me this morning. His mother had to go to the hospital this morning for surgery. He told me last night that he was going to go ahead and go to her house to get her things last night so I did not have to get up early in the morning. Well, needless to say, he forgot to mention last night that the plans had changed. So this morning I assumed I had time to get ready and with less than 20 minutes to get ready and a bathroom full of ants that came out of nowhere he wanted me to hurry and get ready. So he was kind of snapping at me. Well, I did not cuss him out but I had quite a few unpleasant thoughts in my head. But, I guarded my mouth and tried to re-channel my negative energy. So, when I got to work I began working and forgot to pray. I thought about it almost an hour into work so I picked up my daily Word to see what today's word was all about. Still on wisdom. So I meditated on it for a few moments and just thought about life. It is so important to have understanding. Whether it is about God, people, job materials, etc. If you understand your objective it is easier to resolve your issue. In all things gain understanding. So the challenge for me in relationships is thinking to deep. I need to step back and get to know people and what their make up is. Getting a better understanding of them will help me better communicate and understand their point of view. It is not about agreeing with everyone it is about appreciating people for who they really are and truly caring about them even if it is differs from your ways. So my walk purpose is to gain understanding in everything so that I can tackle some of the obstacles. This is great when dealing with spouses. It is important to understand your mate and then you will understand how to deal with them. 
Day 2- Wins-Someone disrespected me and I smiled any way. I listened to someone give me advice that I did not want to hear and I humbled myself to welcome what they were saying and acknowledged to them how important it meant to me even though it stung me inside. I did not lie today about ALL the things I ate. I laughed today. I had a great talk with my son today. I complimented my husband. I praised my daughter. I changed my thoughts today when doubt began to creep in. I got a blessing from my landlord today!! 
Today was a miss day, but I am still encouraged. I had just as many wins today as I had misses. This is important to see because if I look only at the first part listed above I would just want to give up. But looking at the bottom allows me to see that my accomplishments are an encouraging sign to press on. Soon each day is going to be filled with victories on the bottom and smaller failures on the top. I am going to be what God has called me to be one of these good ol' days! And I am still excited about that. Please continue to join me on this journey God willing tomorrow and remember the 3w's are worth working for!!! Be blessed and have a goodnight!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment