Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 14-Disappointments


Menu-Breakfast-Blueberry Yogurt and a banana 
Lunch-BBQ Pork Sandwich and Mac n Cheese
Snack-Banana Pudding
Evening Snack-Special K 100 calorie fruit crisp
Dinner-Baked Chicken, mac n cheese, dressing, potato salad, corn bread 
Dessert-Oatmeal Crème Pie 

Day 14-Weight-Hello all!!! I have not been really staying structured as I am supposed to regarding my weight. I am not discouraged but I am not giving it my all. Lately, I have not been getting a lot of sleep and I am working a lot so I believe I may be getting burned out. Once I slow down I believe I will be able to rest my mind and focus on really doing the right thing! Also, who am I kidding it is the holiday. I want to eat!!! No worries, I am not going to lose focus on what I really need to accomplish in this area and telling you all my business helps me a lot. 
Day 14-Walk- I said my morning prayer and I studied 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 and it says, "16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." This took real meaning for me today. I got some disappointing news today and of course was hurt by it. But reading this scripture really put things in perspective for me. We are not to lose heart. So just because today was disappointing does not mean my whole life is. We may be wasting away on the outside but inwardly we are being developed. I am able to learn to trust and depend on God for all things in life. Each day I am getting stronger and stronger spiritually. For the troubles we are experiencing are short. They are not going to last that long. And I am learning that everything that looks bad does not always mean bad. So it is important that I continue to fix my eyes on the eternal things I don't see and not on the temporal things I do see. So for me I have to change my thoughts not to focus on this world but on what God is doing in my life. 
Day 14- Wins-Today I thought positive although my emotions were hurting. My husband and I followed through on something together. I remained a peacemaker today. I listened to someone today that I have had issues with in the past. I got through a hard day! I cried out to God today. 
Trials and tribulations are inevitable. Trusting in God will always allow you to be strengthened and know that this too shall pass. Don't ever lose sight of what God has for you. Nothing in life is failure. Everything is by God's design. Embrace it. Believe it. Live it. Let God lead the way and remember the 3 w's are worth working for. Have a great evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment