Menu-Breakfast-Tangerine
Lunch-Low Calorie Harvest Chicken Salad with tomatoes, lettuce, apples, craisins, cucumbers and low calorie Acai Vinaigrette Dressing.
Snack-1 oz of unsalted peanuts and raisins
Dinner-Shrimp and Spinach Tomato Tortellini with 32 ozs of water
Lunch-Low Calorie Harvest Chicken Salad with tomatoes, lettuce, apples, craisins, cucumbers and low calorie Acai Vinaigrette Dressing.
Snack-1 oz of unsalted peanuts and raisins
Dinner-Shrimp and Spinach Tomato Tortellini with 32 ozs of water
Dessert-Small Slice of Banana Nut Bread
Day 3 Weight-Hello All!!!! Menu is looking much better today
isn't it? What did it show me? That no matter what mistakes you make it is
never too late to get it together! And of course today I started my day with
prayer. The Word for today was about how to deal with unfairness on your job.
It referenced a scripture that came out of the Book of Proverbs. Basically, it
said that anything you do should be done heartily as it pleases God not man. It
was more of a reference for unfair practices in the workplace such as getting mad
if you are not recognized for your hard work or being angry that you were not
promoted. But, I was attributing it to making my temple (body) the best
possible body it can be. That means working hard to overcome distractions with
eating and pushing myself to work out so that I can be in the best shape
possible. And not because I want to look good and be envied but because God
will be pleased with me taking care of the body He blessed me with! The
scripture allowed me to feel strong throughout the day because I kept thinking
about it. So it was a little harder today to choose to eat pizza or a greasy
burger because that was not giving God my best. It does not mean I will never
eat another burger it just means I will work hard to make smarter choices which
in time will become a habit and then my lifestyle will be that of eating right
exercising and losing weight. Then I can encourage others to do the same. I
felt empowered today and was glad I did not get defeated from my “gorge-fest”
on yesterday.
Day 3 Walk-So today a friend asked me a question about the
Bible! I was stunned. I have never really talked to this person about church or
God so I wondered why she chose me so, I asked her. She basically said because she
felt like I would know. Wow! Did you know that someone is always watching what
you do? Some people think if they walk around saying they are saved that this
will impress others. But, people really see if you practice what you preach. My
friend does not even go to church that much so she is really looking for
someone she can trust to lead her in the right direction. I was honored and I
really listened to her question and took my time to answer it. This is not a brag.
For me it helped me to stay on the straight and narrow. By realizing I am being
watched it makes me want to be even more obedient.
Day
3 Wins-I did not lie today. I stuck with my plan. I gave a testimony today. I
finished an assignment at work. I did not get offended today. I shared
something today with someone I do not trust. I prayed for my mother-in-law
about her healing from surgery. I told my family I loved them. I listened to my
daughter today. I completed my blog. I called an old friend yesterday and told
her I loved her. I laughed with my mom! I am planning a great birthday dinner
with my husband tomorrow night!
See,
today was another good day. I felt in control of myself and felt like I was
following in God's footsteps. I was not perfect because I said one cuss word
today, but I am not defeated. I am truly ready to tackle these fears I have and
I want to press on as I work to get this weight off of me. I want my husband to
desire me and my kids to be proud that I have finally defeated a long time
goal!! It will be just the motivation they need to set things in motion in
their lives!! Well, I made a decision today to only write in my blog Monday-
Friday and rest on the weekends. I really need that time to re-group and
refresh and spend quality time with my family. So you all have a great weekend
and God willing I will talk with you again on Monday! Don't forget the 3 w's
are worth working for!! Do something nice for someone this weekend!!
THIS JUST IN-My husband just
walked in the door and said he had a surprise for me!! So I followed him as he
asked me to see my surprise and he got me a magnifying mirror!!! I just cried
and let me tell you why. For the past 2 weeks I have wanted to get the magnifying
mirror. But every time I go to the store I forget to purchase one. But I have
had a need for one. God gives you the desires of your heart. So He blessed me
by pricking my husband’s heart to get me a mirror. When I asked my husband what
made him get it, he told me his answer and it was the same reason why I wanted
it!! Talk about being on one accord!! OK so I know it is corny, but I am never
too amazed at ALL of God’s blessings!!
Awesome post Angela, keep up the good word and press onward even at the times of falter. Joybelle
ReplyDeleteI am truly blessed with a great support system. And thank you for always being truthful and keeping me on track!
ReplyDelete